Self-confidence is the key of success in life. Building self-confidence in children will convert them in a successful adult. Proper care, love, to understand the needs of your children, make themselves feel mature by discussing problems with them is an effective techniques to build up self-confidence in them. A child with low self confidence is expected to struggle in each phase of his /her life. We all want our children to be confident.
Following are a few tips to built up self-confidence in children:
- Tell your child when they have accomplished something and you are proud of them. Always praise share with others about your child’s success and never criticize your children.
- Never compare your children with your friends / neighbors or any other persons children
- Always believe in your child and make him/her feel that how important he/she is for you
- Always show your interest & take active participation wherever possible in whatever your child do
- Become a good listener. Listen your children carefully never neglect them. Let your child know they are important by really listening to them.
- Keep a certain time reserved for your children to play with them and laugh with them
- Respect your child's interests, even if they seem boring to you - take a genuine interest in your child's friends, and what's happening at school, and comment to show you're listening.