Work & Child care
In today's world, with the consistent hike in the cost of living, it is becoming
difficult to run the family with single person's salary. Consequently the graph
of working parents is going up day by day. But the very first question which
comes in the minds of working parents is - how to maintain balance between their
workings & child care. You need to develop new skills in order to maintain
a proper balance between your work and family. You need to learn the art of
effective time management so that you can meet different demands of your job
and your family as well. Following tips can be helpful for striking a better
balance between work and home: -
- A good quality childcare can cut your worry to half. You can work worriless
at your work place and also have the peace of mind if you able to find out
a good nursery for your child therefore, visit a range of different nurseries
before finalizing the good one for your little one.
- Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind and also don't feel guilty
that you are not able to give proper time to your child & family. Set
your priorities and make a plan for the day to enable you to spend more and
more time with your child. Always remember that your children are your first
priority and if your current job is not allowing you to take out proper time
for your family then you can even think of changing your current job.
- It is always better if distance between your work place and home is less.
It will not only save your time, energy and money but also will be helpful
in case of any emergency at your home.
- Do not feel ashamed in taking help of your partner / friends / relatives
in case of any problem or emergency.
- Effective time management & good planning of the day can save lot of
time for you. You can reduce your morning stress by keeping the things ready,
which are required in the morning, in the night.
- Divide your responsibilities with your partner for smooth working and time
saving. If both the partners are aware of their responsibilities and duties
then it will help to avoid unnecessary arguments and delay in finishing the
- If you are a man then do not think that washing clothes or ironing clothes
etc. are meant only for ladies. Helping each other in household work or otherwise
is good mantra for happy married life.